Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Lighting the Literacy Fire

At our school we have been under Dr Sally Clendon's guidance to implement literacy strategies in both reading and writing.
I have been making my way through Jill Eggleton's book "Lighting the Literacy Fire" and many of her teachings marry well with Sally Clendon's.
I have been using Jill's book to inquire into my own reading programme. In her book she outlines a list of "teacher targets" which i am working towards this term to ensure my reading programme has all the qualities of growing skilled readers. She suggests that in order to establish a balanced reading programme students should have opportunities to "read with, to and by students daily".  Sally Clendon spreads the same message however some texts need to be adapted for my learners so they are accessible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment