Friday, May 5, 2017

2017 Inquiry



IS THERE A CORRELATION BETWEEN AN EMPHASIS ON THE KEY COMPETENCIES AND IMPROVED OUTCOMES IN LITERACY?

Scanning: My students need to learn how to manage themselves as individuals as well as in a group to be able to engage and participate in reading.

Focusing: In 2017 for my inquiry i will be focusing on how the Key Competencies (Managing Self and Relating to Others) increase student engagement and improve reading outcomes for students aged 5-10.

Developing a hunch: An emphasis on behavioral and cognitive engagement as well as teaching social skills will enhance my students ability to focus and increase their reading skills.
I will be using Helen Timperley's Sprial of Inquiry throughout my inquiry which meshes well with the specifically designed for Manaiakalani framework "Learn Create Share". You will see labels from both models as they interlock well.



No comments:

Post a Comment